May 27, 2008

Free Will

Wow...sorry it's been awhile since I've posted. Our family has been through a lot recently. I don't want to get into the details, but I have learned a very important lesson about free will. God gave our family an opportunity to reconcile some broken relationships. I was quick to praise Him and thank Him for answering my prayers because I knew He was providing a way for us to communicate again. However, my praise and happiness was quickly squashed. The other family member made a choice (the free will that God gives us) that may have forever severed our relationship with them. It amazes me that God can make the path so clear for some people, but the other person involved just doesn't get it. Then, I read my devotional today and it was totally about all of this. How God turns bad things into good, but if someone isn't living in the way of the Lord or doesn't have a relationship with Him, then of course they aren't going to see the opportunities of good that God has planned. I don't know if that all makes sense because I'm not the best with words...but it totally put the puzzle pieces together for me today. We serve an amazing God and I will continue to trust in Him. He will get us through this storm and we will be stronger for it.

0 comments: