Hi,
Here is an update on my IVF cycle. For this cycle, the dates are pretty solid. However next cycle may be off 1-2 days…give or take. It amazes me how fast things start happening now that I know that I am part of the study and am finally beginning the process.
This Cycle:
5/28: Period
5/30: Blood test and ultrasound
6/2: Start birth control pills
6/18: Start lupron injection (this will suppress ovulation)
6/22: Last birth control pill
Next Cycle:
6/25: Expect period
6/29: Start fertility meds (injections)
7/10: Egg retrieval
7/13: Transfer embryo(s) back to me
7/25: Pregnancy test
Also, on May 30th I had an ultrasound. The nurse told me that on my right ovary I had 8 antral follicles and on my left ovary I had 10 antral follicles. That means that if this was the cycle that they retrieved the eggs then there would be approx. 18 eggs that they would extract! WOW!! I did some research and the normal range is between 15-30 antral follicles, so I am in the normal range. Don’t worry; they don’t put all 18 back inside me!! Could you imagine? Not me!!! That is scary! I’m not sure how many they put back…most likely 2-3 though. Then, we have decided that we will freeze the rest of them in case we want another child at a later time and need to use IVF again. So…that is the latest and greatest. I am excited that everything is falling into place…but I’m not surprised. God works in amazing ways! Have a blessed week!
June 2, 2008
IVF Study - Update
Posted by Anonymous at 1:47 PM
Labels: infertility
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment