June 13, 2008

Seven

Yesterday as I was thinking about my birthday and reflecting over the plans I had for my life and how I haven't completed everything that I wanted to have completed by now, God spoke to me. Every since I was a teenager, my plan had been this: get married by 20, have kids by 24, be a business owner by 30. Needless to say...I did get married before I was 20, but that failed (however, thankfully I have a wonderful husband now that I wouldn't trade for anything), I haven't had any kids of my own, and I don't own my own business. So back to the kids part. My dream was to have kids at age 24. As I was thinking about this, God revealed to me that I am 31 years old now...I have waited for this to happen for 7 years. Biblically, this is very significant because the number seven is a symbol of completion. As I received that knowledge, it gave me so much hope and reconfirmed the positive feeling I have about this IVF study and the process I am going through. I am proclaiming it now that God is going to bless me this year with a child. And I am thanking Him in advance for the promise He has given me. I know He has plans for my life and it is all in His perfect timing. I thought this was an awesome thing that He revealed and I hope you will continue to keep me and Jesús in your prayers.

Next week we have an appointment and they are going to teach us how to administer the infertility medications (via injections). I start lupron next week and am a little bit nervous (this is the medication that suppresses ovulation so that I will have more eggs to retrieve next month). Enjoy the weekend and hopefully I will be able to post again soon.

0 comments: