June 29, 2008

Appointment Tomorrow

Well, tomorrow I am going to the doctor's office. They will be doing bloodwork to check my hormone levels and also they will be doing an ultrasound. They will be looking to see how many follicles (they are in the ovaries and hold the eggs while they grow) I have and most likely will tell me to begin the fertility meds tomorrow. Things are moving forward and I am getting very excited because I know these next couple of weeks will go by very fast. Right now, the approximate date for egg retrieval will probably be July 11th. That's right around the corner!

I found a forum/message board that is about the study I am on. A couple of the women on the board said that their doctor told them that so far the success rate has been 70% for the study! Wow...that is very high considering that the national average is 40%. So, things are looking up and I have faith that God will bless me. However, I am still thinking realistic and I know that if it isn't His will, then it won't happen...but I really have a great feeling about all this.

Well, that is my update. I will post again tomorrow and let you know how my appointment went.

God bless,
Lisa

0 comments: