July 24, 2008

4 Days Past Transfer....

Hi,

Well, it is the 4th day past my transfer. I've had mixed feelings all these days and when I start thinking negative (like this isn't going to work), that is when I take time to pray again and ask God to handle this for me. This is the hardest part...the waiting game. During this wait, I have also been "researching" what happens while the embryo is floating around inside my uterus. This is something I found ("dpt" stands for days past transfer):

1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
5dpt.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
7dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
8dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on home pregnancy test

So according to this, at least one of the embryos should be burying itself into my uterine lining today. I think I can "give or take" one day. I say this because Tuesday I could feel little twinges in my uterus and then yesterday I was feeling it all day long (off and on)! Now...see, this is the problem....is my mind playing tricks on me? Or am I really feeling this? The waiting is so hard...

I've been taking things easy, like the doctor said. I haven't lifted anything heavy (like laundry, darn!) or exercised like I normally do. Walking is ok, so I took a nice walk today at lunch with a couple friends. So, basically, I am just trying to stay busy at work so I can keep my mind off of this wait.

Thanks again for all your prayers.

God bless,
Lisa

0 comments: