Hi!! I started the stimulation drugs on the 4th of July. So now I am giving myself two shots in the morning and one shot at night. The nurse said the most common spot to take the shot is in the stomach so I've been doing it there...alternating sides everyday. My stomach is starting to get a little sore and tender, but it will all be worth it in the end when I (God willing) get pregnant and have a baby.
I had an appointment on Monday. They did an ultrasound to see if the follicles (eggs) were growing and they are. They told me I was responding well to the medications so the lowered my dosage on the evening medication. I had another ultrasound today and some of the follicles were large enough for them to measure. There were about 4 of them on my left side that were large enough, and then I noticed there were about 3 on my right side that were still small. I will find out this evening what the next step is, but so far, it is looking like I will be doing the egg retrieval on the 15th of July! It's coming so fast!
Just so you know, emotionally I am doing very well. I was worried that I might get snappy and mean from the meds because that is what happened when I took the low-grade fertility med (clomid) last year. But, my mood really hasn't changed and I haven't had hardly any hot flashes like I did with clomid. The only thing I notice is that I am more quiet, but I think that is because I am thinking about all that is happening and am trying not to get too excited because I don't want to be too let down if it doesn't work. I know this is all God's doing and He knows if it will work...so I am at the point where I just want Him to handle it all. So I think that is why I've been more reserved about it...because I just want to leave it up to Him since I know I don't have any control. So anyway...that is where I am emotionally. I just want it to be the end of July so that I can know if it was successful or not :-)
I'll try to post again when I get the results from my appointment today.
God bless,
Lisa
July 9, 2008
Update on IVF Cycle
Posted by Anonymous at 10:13 AM
Labels: infertility
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment