Hi,
Tomorrow they will be transferring the embryo's back to me. I don't know how many they will be doing, but they did say it will be 1-2. Since I had enough fertilized eggs, they decided to do a 5 day transfer; as opposed to a 3 day. Everything I have read has said that a 5 day is usually more successful because it is more natural of an occurrence. For example, in a "normal" cycle the woman's egg would still be in the fallopian tube on day 3 (after fertilization). On day 5-6 it turns into a blastocyst embryo and moves into the uterus. That is when it finds the uterine wall and "snuggles" in. :-) So, since they are putting the blastocyst back in me on the 5th day, there is more of a chance that it knows what to do. Ha! Sorry for all the scientific stuff...it just fascinates me. (also, that was for you Kristen!!)
So, anyway, tomorrow at 7am they will be transferring back to me. They did say that Jesús could be in the room while they do it...so that is nice. After that, I have to be on complete bed rest tomorrow and Monday. Then Tuesday I can return to work. What I gather is that gives the embryo time to attach on Sunday or Monday and if it doesn't, then it wasn't meant to be.
Well, that is all for now. I'm not sure if I will be able to post tomorrow or not, so if anything, I will post again on Tuesday.
God bless,
Lisa
July 19, 2008
Egg transfer scheduled for Sunday!!
Posted by Lisa at 9:29 AM
Labels: infertility
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a journey you have been on. More blessing and prayers being sent your way
You're too funny! I read the scientific part before reading to the bottom and stopped to tell Eric, "Lisa's so knowledgable! She knows all about this! Then I read it to him, this time all the way to the end." Thanks for writing, in part, to me! Regardless, you have done your homework and we only wish you and Jesus the best! Things happen for a reason and patience is a virtue! Hang in there!
Kristen
Post a Comment