Hi,
Sorry it's been awhile...there's been alot happening the past few days. My E2 levels were sky-rocketing so they decided to take me off the stimulation medication. So Friday and Saturday I didn't take anything. Also, I've had to go in everyday for an ultrasound and bloodwork to check my E2 levels. Yesterday I finally received some good news...my E2 level only went up by 500. The previous 2 days it went up at least 775 per day. So, that was good news. I am still waiting on the results from today's appointment. They said I might have to take the HCG trigger shot today...which means that egg retrieval will be on Tuesday! Just so you know, that shot makes the eggs know that it is time to ovulate...and they retrieve the eggs right before they break free from the follicles...which is always 36-38 hours after the shot. :-) Pretty amazing, right?
So I have a treat for you....I asked the nurse today if I could have a picture of my ovaries with all the follicles. She said yes, so here it is..the top picture is my left ovary and the bottom is my right:
Basically, all the circles are the follicles and inside the follicles are the eggs (which we can't see). For a normal cycle (no meds), there would only be 1-2 follicles that would get big and then when the brain triggers that it's time to ovulate, the biggest one will release the egg. But since I am on stimulation medication, that is why there are so many follicles developing. Well, I will try to update this again tonight after I find out the results of my appointment today. Have a great Sunday!
God bless,
Lisa
July 13, 2008
More updates from appointments
Posted by Lisa at 10:50 AM
Labels: infertility
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment